Advertisement

Accessing the Inaccessible Jedi Holocron Quotes

Accessing the Inaccessible Jedi Holocron Quotes There are two Yoda quotes that a standard Jedi holocron has, but will not play. I've altered my holocron so that it can access those quotes. You can see a list of all the quotes available on both holocrons, including these two normally inaccessible quotes, under the "holocron quotes" tab of this spreadsheet:


--

Both Jedi and Sith holocrons have a memory chip that contains all the audio clips that play when
you insert a kyber crystal into the holocron. I analyzed the contents of the memory chip from both holocrons. In the Jedi holocron's memory chip I saw there were 136 distinct blocks of data which I assumed were audio clips. I then monitored the data lines between the memory chip and microcontroller to identify which areas of the memory chip were being accessed while a quote was being played through the holocron. I was able to identify the quotes contained in 134 of the 136 data blocks in the Jedi holocron's memory chip. Two were never being accessed.

The memory chip contains an index; a list of memory addresses where the data for each quote begins. I modified the index so that entries for two quotes I knew were accessible now had the address to one of the inaccessible quotes. I then turned on the holocron and this video is the result.

The Sith holocron contained 71 data blocks and I was able to identify all of them. There are no inaccessible quotes on the Sith holocron.

star wars,holocron,galaxy's edge,jedi,sith,quotes,kyber,yoda,

Post a Comment

0 Comments