Advertisement

Mount Olympus A Gorgeous 24x24 Acrylic Straight Pour in Blues, Greens, and Golds! So Relaxing

Mount Olympus   A Gorgeous 24x24  Acrylic Straight Pour in Blues, Greens, and Golds! So Relaxing This is a 24x24 canvas with an Acrylic pour painting. This is a Straight Pour technique using a Dirty Cup, No Silicone Added to my Paints. Relaxing Luxurious Palette of Blues, Emerald Green and Golds create the Home of the Gods on Mount Olympus.

Hello Friends!
Most of you have seen the video for Gorgons Grotto, a 48x60 multiple straight pour that I did a couple of months ago. I have a client that wants a similar piece but with slightly different brighter colors, so that is what I am testing today. In Gorgons Grotto I used DecoArt Americana Decor in Classic Black to paint my edges and corners, and used it as my base coat. In this version I substitute Windsor & Newton Deep Turquoise mixed with DecoArt Americana Decor in Soft Gold for my basecoat, and I use the Soft Gold as my flow extender as well, which I did not do in Gorgon's Grotto.

I did a Straight Pour, which means that I poured the paint onto the canvas from up high into one spot. I used a Dirty Cup, which means that the paints were not layered carefully, they were poured into my cup on top of each other, into the middle of the cup to make them sink and blend. The Straight Pour technique aerates the paint when gravity pushes it down, creating a lot of air bubbles, which then become cells. No Silicone needed in a Straight Pour.

My colors for this pour are:
Windsor & Newton Deep Turquoise
DecoArt Americana Decor Metallics in Soft Gold
DecoArt Americana Decor Metallics in 24K Gold
DecoArt Americana Decor Metallics in Emerald Green
Liquitex Basics Ultramarine Blue
Golden's Paynes Grey

My Pouring Medium is
Liquitex Gloss Medium & Varnish
Water to just thicker than consistency
Floetrol

Overall I am happy with this piece.. I like the way the different colors blended and work together. My Client is looking for a little more brightness and gold, and not so much of the darker colors (the black background ).. I am confident I can make that happen when I pour the 48x60 canvas for them.

Thank you for watching today, I hope that you enjoy this pour... I did!

I have gotten several messages regarding an Update that YouTube did that disabled many peoples active Subscriptions. Please check to see if you are subscribed to my channel and that you have clicked the Notifications bell, so that you will know when I upload. I have lots of interesting pours to share with you all, as well as a few Live events coming up that will be really fun, you dont want to miss it!

To see more of my artwork you can look at my Facebook page, Mina Villegas Art

I am gradually putting more paintings on there and working towards making it easier to buy some or my artwork. If you would like to talk with me about pricing or commissions you can also send me a message there.

If you would like to be a Patron of the Arts you can donate via this link


Thank you so much for watching, I hope you all have a wonderful night!
~Mina

Paint,Mina,Villegas,Art,Acrylic,Pouring,mina villegas,mina villegas art,golden acrylic paint,golden acrylics,liquitex,liquitex gloss medium and varnish,Windsor and Newton,Deep Turquiose,DecoArt,24K Gold,fluid painting,flow art,oddly satisfying,asmr,beautiful,Goldens,Paynes Grey,Mount oympus,Mount Olympus A Gorgeous 24x24 Acrylic Straight Pour in Blues,and Golds! So Relaxing,Emerald Green,Ultramarine Blue,Soft Gold,Straight Pour,Dirty Cup,

Post a Comment

0 Comments