Advertisement

Writing a DiscoFunk song pt2

Writing a DiscoFunk song pt2 #bedroomproducer #teoperator #discofunk

Another installment of songwriting and sound design. This is part two to the 'Writing a DiscoFunk Song pt1' (you obviously read the title!) I want to add vocals to this so that will be in part three. Also I''ll massage all the parts together to make a more cohesive sounding song, but we'll go over all that in the next installment of making this song. I'm really enjoying writing this one, it has been thru so many changes and transformations already and I'm sure it will undergo so many more before I do a proper release of the song.
I'm really digging this disco funk vibe I've stumbled onto. I've been writing music for quite some time and have made some funky music in the past but this new stuff I've been writing is sitting with me in a fantastical way! I seriously love making music for all you lovely ppl!!!!
(more exclamations)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, this one started with a teenage engineering OP-Z thing that I posted on IG awhile ago, then I added some guitar and stripped some things away, then I threw the sequence in Ableton and added the arturia v collection instruments on all the "music" tracks and some x0x drum machines...

It changed a bit from there which you can see in part 1 here:



Aaaaaaaand my debut EP is out now on all streaming/retail platforms!!!

...or you can buy it here too

Joshua Morgan Presents: A Soundtrack for Neo-Noir



**(recorded using my teenage engineering OP-Z and the tascam, fostex, ibanez delay, and the little radioshack cassette machine)**

****************************
Check out some of my other music here


Follow me!!!

Instagram


Twitter


Facebook


Patreon

songwriting and sound design,SEQUEL BABY,enjoying writing,changes and transformations,disco funk vibe,writing music,funky music in the past,funky music,new stuff I've been writing,I've been writing,making music for all,making music,bedroom producer,guitar player,kaleidoscope,op-z,teenage engineering,arturia v collection,ableton live,small operations podcast,tascam,analog,ibanez delay,radioshack cassette machine,sacred geometry,digital recording,fostex,

Post a Comment

0 Comments