Advertisement

'Knots Landing' stars initially didn't know premise: 'I thought it was about Andy Griffith and a hou

'Knots Landing' stars initially didn't know premise: 'I thought it was about Andy Griffith and a hou Thanks for watching my video.
If you like my videos, please subscribe to the channel to receive the latest videos
Videos can use content-based copyright law contains reasonable use Fair Use (
For any copyright, please send me a message.  The series' three leading ladies – Donna Mills, 79, Joan Van Ark, 76, and Michele Lee, 77 – captured the hearts of women in households throughout America and ushered in a new way of storytelling that allowed mothers and women of different backgrounds to connect. LUCILLE BALL WOULD BE 'ELATED' FOR WOMEN IN HOLLYWOOD, BUT 'DISAPPOINTED' IN COMEDY OFFERINGS ON TV, FRIENDS SAY However, what ballooned into a tribute-worthy series with a history all its own began as a confusing concept that some within the cast couldn't grasp, at least initially. “I went on the show in the second year and I didn't... I had never seen the show. I thought it was a show about a houseboat with Andy Griffith,” Mills told Fox News exclusively on Saturday night at the 40th-anniversary lobby tribute at the famed Hollywood Museum in Los Angeles. 'DALLAS' STAR PATRICK DUFFY CREDITS 'MAN FROM ATLANTIS' FOR HELPING HIM NAB ROLE OF BOBBY EWING “But then, when I got on the show, I said, 'This show could be really good,'” she continued. “It was not serialized at that point. They did a separate episode every week, and I said to them, I said, 'You gotta put a hook at the end, and get them back next week.' And, they ended up doing that and that's when the show started to really blossom and really take off.” Michele Lee, who played Karen on “Knots,” told Fox News she's most proud of the show's overall ability to pivot with the times. She also enjoyed the “everyday people” dichotomy of its existence. 'THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS,' GENERAL HOSPITAL' STARS DISH ON WHY SOAP OPERAS REMAIN SO POPULAR IN 2019 “That show had a wonderful sense of humor about it, as well as... a pretty good look at a world and America as it changed,” Lee said. “I always like to say that we changed as America changed. And so, it wasn't about rich people up on a hill and our need to be wealthy, right, it was everyday people – except for maybe some of us,” she quipped. “But, everyday people living around a cul-de-sac, loving our neighbors and hating our neighbors.” Lee came clean and admitted that at first glance she also wasn’t sure of the direction the show was readying itself to take. However, she noted that paying attention to the characters in “Dallas” helped her compartmentalize the role she ultimately played. Lee said off the bat, she wasn’t sure she could even play Karen but made a point to note the character’s transcendent personality, which showcased her as a strong woman. 'GENERAL HOSPITAL' ACTRESS SUSAN BROWN REPORTEDLY DIES AT AGE 86 “At first I didn't know what the h--- the show was about,” she explained when asked if she had reservations going in about the show’s chances of success. “And then, when I read it, I thought, 'Oh,

trump today news,today in news,fox news today,fox news,breaking news today,breaking news,usa today,usa today news,

Post a Comment

0 Comments