Advertisement

1 Corinthians 2:9 Doesn't Mean What You Think

1 Corinthians 2:9 Doesn't Mean What You Think A recent letter from a listener:

Hello Brother Trey,
I just listened to your older broadcast - How Did I Miss It? All this time and up until this evening I misunderstood 1 Corinthians 2:9. I have always believed and taught this verse incorrectly just the way you described it in your broadcast. Wow! I missed it!

Now, I have to break the news to my wife that I don't know everything! She will be disappointed. She has told me on numerous occasions that I am a" BIG KNOW IT ALL".

Thanks for setting me straight. It's good for me to remember that I probably have plenty of baggage from bad teaching to unlearn!

-Your Brother in Christ.
--------------------------------------------------------------
This is a reminder of how important it is to give more attention to God's word and less attention to the word of man. God's word should always have preeminence.

No matter how many times we've heard something taught as being the gospel truth, we should check and double check, to make sure.

We are ALL guilty of allowing important truths to slip by us at one time or another. It can be very difficult to shake off some of the things that were ingrained into us by religion and tradition.

May we all continue to "press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God" as we continue to grow in grace and "come unto the knowledge of the truth."




Please subscribe to our channel and Like us on Facebook. Visit TruthTimeRadio.com to subscribe to our Podcast, Newsletter, & Blog. For Bible questions call 1-888-988-9562.

Trey Searcy,turn from sin,repent,confess sin,ask forgiveness,talk radio,gospel,apostles,once saved always saved,law,grace,pauline gospel,preach,mid-acts,dispensational,church,bible question,bible answers,kjb,osas,baptist,church of god,catholic,lutheran,pentecostal,church of christ,methodist,water baptism,speaking in tongues,saved,salvation,religion,healing,acts,reverend,christian,Jesus,tbn,blasphemy,holy ghost,heaven,

Post a Comment

0 Comments