I bought this book over ten years ago at a book sale. I was a teenager and pleased with my £4 purchase having been told by the salesman it dated from the 1960s. Getting the book home and upon closer inspection it was obviously much older. I used ancestry to try to trace any information about the original owner only to find she had passed away a couple of years after I was born in the early 1980s. The limited documents I found suggested she neither married nor had children. I was recently photographing the contents to save me adding to any damage whilst studying it, when it occured to me the contents may be of interest to others - hence my sharing on here. The video can be paused on selected pages to allow enough time for reading. I feel the contents offer a charming window into the acquaintances of a young lady during wartime. Thank you for watching.
0 Comments