Advertisement

How a Blocking Feature Would Help VIPKid AND Teachers

How a Blocking Feature Would Help VIPKid AND Teachers #vipkid

"Ticket category: Platform Features Teacher Portal

Subject line: Please include a “block” feature for teaching schedules



Dear VIPKID,

I would like a feature that allows me to “block” certain times or dates on my teaching schedule, so that I don’t accidentally accept bookings at times that I cannot teach due to other obligations or vacations.



Here are some specific attributes that I would like to see in this feature:
–On my scheduling page, the blocked time slots would appear in red, and a warning would appear if I clicked on it to open the time slot. This would prevent me from accidentally opening time slots at a later date.
–When a parent views my teaching schedule, the blocked times would not be displayed at all. This would prevent parents from submitting a priority-booking request for these unavailable timeslots.
–Automated priority-booking requests for the blocked times would be automatically declined. This would prevent me from accidentally accepting a booking for a time that I am unable to teach.

I think this change would be beneficial to all, because it would decrease the number of teacher cancellations and teacher no-shows. I think it would also reduce parent frustration, as it would reduce the number of rejected priority bookings. Finally, I believe it will improve teacher morale, because many teachers have been wishing for this feature for a long time, and it would help us feel more relaxed to have better control over our schedule. I appreciate your attention on this matter.

Sincerely,


______"

vipkid,vipkidteacher,vipkidlife,onlineteacher,health and wellness,vip kid,healthandwellness,vipkid health and wellness,vipkid teacher,vipkid life,vipkidftiness,work from home,ESL,Health & Wellness,vipkid interview,vipkid experience,how to teach online,

Post a Comment

0 Comments